Position: Case Manager
Job Summary: Demonstrate good leadership, communication, and writing skills. Demonstrate proficiency in the use of Oasis to develop optimal level of patient care under physician orders. Enforce the policies and procedures of the agency. Follows Medicare and Medicaid regulations set forth by the federal government. Follow state and federal laws as applicable and mandated.
- Be a registered nurse (R.N.).
- Minimum of two years experience in direct patient care.
- Ability to relate positively and favorably with patients and staff.
- Demonstrate good oral and written communication along with good documentation skills.
Responsibilities/essential job functions: Employee must be able to perform the following essential job functions – with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Demonstrate efficient teamwork with the staff.
- Demonstrate competence in documenting with Oasis.
- Coordinate care for the patient.
- Understand and perform the admission process plan of care.
- Coordinates services and schedules patient visits.
- Supervise LPN and HHA field staff as indicated.
- Provide in-service education per DON direction.
- Attend seminars, conferences, workshops, and self-studies in areas that will enhance position (e.g. leadership, communication, geriatric care, and pediatric care).
- Follow Medicare and Medicaid regulations.
- Observe, assess, and document patient symptom and progress.
- Perform the initial home care visit and re-evaluate patient needs and progress when needed.
- Notify physician of change in the patient’s condition.
- Coordinate and monitor all patient care and services.
- Complete paperwork timely and efficiently.
- Maintain patient records according to policy and procedure.
- Educate patients and caregivers on disease process, medications, plan of care, and treatment plans according to the policy and procedure manual.
- Follow infection control policy in and out of the office.
- Provide quality of care to patients in their homes according to policy and procedures.
- Participate in the on-call schedule.
- Participate in and support quality improvement programs.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform to the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, to enable the employee to communicate effectively;
- Sufficient vision or other powers of observation, with or without reasonable accommodation, to enable the employee to review a wide variety of materials in electronic or hard copy form;
- Sufficient manual dexterity, with or without reasonable accommodation, to enable the employee to operate a personal computer, telephone, and other related equipment;
- Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodation, to enable the employee to safely lift, move, or maneuver whatever may be necessary to successfully perform the duties of their position;
- Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodation, to enable the employee to efficiently function in a general office environment; and
- Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodation, to enable the employee to efficiently function in a general office environment, with frequent travel to a variety of field sites.
Employee works in an office environment sometimes with moderate noise levels, controlled temperature conditions and no direct exposure to hazardous physical substances. Employees may interact with upset staff and/or public and private representatives in interpreting and enforcing departmental policies and procedures.
Employee will have to travel to a variety of patient homes and perform in conditions that vary greatly depending upon the client’s home environment. Some homes will be clean, neat, and maintained at a comfortable temperature. Other homes may be cluttered, dirty, with an uncomfortable temperature.
The above list reflects the essential functions and other job functions considered necessary of the job identified, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job, or assigned by supervisory personnel. This job description is used as a guide only and not inclusive of responsibilities and job duties.