Position: Licensed Practical Nurse(LPN)
Job Summary : Provide nursing care to patient in the home setting. Observe and assess the client and/or caregiver to enhance the quality of life. Demonstrate individualized creativity in educating the patient and/or caregiver. Follow nursing policy and procedure per agency standards. Follow the plan of care according to physician orders. Demonstrate understanding of Medicare and Medicaid regulations.
Qualifications/Educational Requirements :
- Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a healthcare setting.
- Excellent oral and communication skills.
Responsibilities/essential functions : The person in this position must be able to perform the following essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Demonstrate efficient teamwork with the staff.
- Demonstrate organizational and time management skills.
- Support quality improvement practices.
- Perform nursing procedures according to agency policy and procedures.
- Work under the direction of a RN.
- Monitor reactions and patient progress using observation, assessment, and evaluation skills.
- Educate patients and family members according to disease process, medications, POC, treatment options, and home care procedures according to the plan of care.
- Report to physician and RN of adverse findings.
- Follow Medicare and Medicaid regulations.
- Coordinate and monitor patient care and services.
- Comply with HIPAA regulations in and out of the office.
- Follow infection control policy in and out of the office.
- Document skilled visit according to Medicare guidelines.
- Maintain patient records according to policy and procedures.
- Participate in in-services, workshops, seminars, and self-study courses annually.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform to the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, to enable the employee to communicate effectively;
- Sufficient vision or other powers of observation, with or without reasonable accommodation, to enable the employee to review a wide variety of materials in electronic or hard copy form;
- Sufficient manual dexterity, with or without reasonable accommodation, to enable the employee to operate a personal computer, telephone, and other related equipment;
- Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodation, to enable the employee to safely lift, move, or maneuver whatever may be necessary to successfully perform the duties of their position;
- Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodation, to enable the employee to efficiently function in a general office environment; and
- Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodation, to enable the employee to efficiently function in a general office environment, with frequent travel to a variety of field sites.
Employee works in an office environment sometimes with moderate noise levels, controlled temperature conditions and no direct exposure to hazardous physical substances. Employees may interact with upset staff and/or public and private representatives in interpreting and enforcing departmental policies and procedures.
Employee will have to travel to a variety of patient homes and perform in conditions that vary greatly depending upon the client’s home environment. Some homes will be clean, neat, and maintained at a comfortable temperature. Other homes may be cluttered, dirty, with an uncomfortable temperature.
The above list reflects the essential functions and other job functions considered necessary of the job identified, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job, or assigned by supervisory personnel.This job description is used as a guide only and not inclusive of responsibilities and job duties.